Clear business writing spells better results
Employees often devote up to three hours each day struggling to express their thoughts and recommendations in writing. Sadly, this time is squandered if their emails, memos, reports, and other documents are misinterpreted or even ignored. With awkward sentence structure, poor organization, and murky language, most written communication drops off the radar due to information clutter. To boost business competitiveness, your people must cut through the clutter and communicate clearly–without leaving anything open to misinterpretation or misunderstanding.
FranklinCovey's business writing course, Writing Advantage, teaches how to set quality writing standards that help your employees increase productivity, resolve issues, avoid errors, and heighten credibility. Participants learn a four-step process to create writing that cuts through the clutter. They learn how to write faster with more clarity, and gain skills for revising and fine-tuning every kind of document.
You Will Learn To:
- Organize initial ideas around a clear purpose
- Structure a prototype based on solid writing standards
- Evolve their prototype into a draft document
- Review and refine the draft against formal standards
- Produce a final and collaborative edit of their draft
Length of Training:
Three 90-minute webinar workshop sessions:
- Session A: 11:00 am–12:30 pm ET
- 1-Hour Break
- Session B: 1:30 pm–3:00 pm ET
- 1-Hour Break
- Session C: 4:00 pm –5:30 pm ET
*Materials will be shipped to US and Canada addresses. FranklinCovey cannot guarantee arrival prior to the beginning of the session if registration is within 7 business days of the date of the program. Electronic downloads of participant guidebook will be available prior to the LiveClicks session.
What You Receive:
- A business writing course guidebook with quick reference information
- A Document Planner form that fits right in your FranklinCovey Planning System
- The award-winning FranklinCovey Style Guide
- A FranklinCovey Style Guide CD-ROM
Continuing Education Credits:
6 Contact Hours
What will you experience in a LiveClicks webinar?